Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Day 7 - According to Colleen and Melissa



Colleen-
The morning-
·      I accidently woke up the girls with my alarm. They were slightly ticked in a passively aggressive way, but it was all good :) 
·      Ate a banana and honey bunches, and got ready for church
·      We all prayed with the pastors in espanol and English before the service which actually was pretty interesting.
·      Despite barely knowing the language, we sang in Spanish which was actually really neat
·      The preacher taught in Spanish, and I used some of my weak Spanish knowledge to try and listen even though in was a tad strenuous.

Around noon:
·      We all broke into groups to go to lunch in La Paz. Unfortunately, I got stuck in a seat between two gringo-looking males (Danny and Heinens-loving boy) who just were beaming their Americanism. But, hey they were pretty cool dudes. Much respect.  
·      Away we went, weaving through the streets of the city in our little Spanish cab, dodging Bolivians left and right, listening to 97.3, (THE Spanish radio station). And we then arrived at the restaurant. This place was a top notch, high class, white-glove kinda place that swept me away.
·      Everyone got some type of meat: llama, cow intestines, the usual stuff. But as a proud vegetarian, I found my heavenly oasis at the salad bar. But, what really took my breath away was the avocado. And dang. I missed my avocado as much as my own home.

Melissa-
Shopping:
·      Got some great prices today by bartering, I got some pretty dope stuff.
·      Then, we went to this cool coffee shop and ate some good French toast with strawberries for dinner and got some amazing coffee for the fam.

At Night:
·      We came back and got amazing hot showers for the first time in a while!!!
·      Then, we had devotions and prayed with the group and then went to bed.



Adios,

Coco and Missy 

1 comment:

  1. These blog posts are great. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one commenting! Love you all!

    Ashley, Blythe and Beau

    ReplyDelete